Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let's play the Blame Game

"During these last days I have been occupied in examining my past conduct; nor do I find it blameable." p. 161

Victor then goes on to say that he had to obey his duty to all of humanity before his duty towards the creature to create a female. I totally agree with that; a species of creatures definitely would not be beneficial to the human race. In assessing blame in the entire story, Victor deserves partial blame. I do not blame him in the creation of the creature itself, for he was following his passions; but, I do blame him for the the preceding events and the after-creation. First of all, Victor should have had a plan for if it actually worked; which, by all indications, he thought it would. Strap the creature to a gurney, examine it, let it get somewhat acquainted to Victor and the world before letting it roam the world. For results of the creature, I do not blame the deaths of the creature's victims on Victor. We do not blame God for every wrong decision a human being. We, like the creature, have free will and responsibility. I blame Victor though for not embracing the creature he himself created. His lack of love towards the creature led to the continued mental deterioration of the creature's mental and emotion state leading the both his and Victor's tragic demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment