Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Never Let Me Go begins- 1st person

"My name is Kathy H." p. 1

The first thing I noticed in this book, of course, was the 1st sentence. This book appears to be a story told from the point of view of a character named Kathy. A little different point of view from the last book Brave New World. I think as a reader it is a little better, yet worse. From 1st person, I only know what that character knows  which can leave me in the dark on a few things. The reader doesn't quite get to see what all the other characters are doing and see them develop as well. From 3rd person, I pretty much know what all characters are doing   But, 1st person can also give more depth due to the increased attention on the main character. It also firmly establishes this main character. In Brave New World, Bernard was the focus for the 1st part of the book then John enters and takes over the plot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment